Lavenders Thoughts

Lavenders Thoughts

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What is Sexy and Intellegent, All in One?




My sister treated my mother, my niece and me to a Broadway night out. she told me it was to see A Streetcar Named Desire, I said "ok", vaguely remembering checking the book out of the library a few years ago. Once we arrived I saw pictures of the cast and nearly fainted. I respect the work of each of the actors and was eager to see the performance. they did not disappoint to say the least (although some part of me wanted to see a musical number) I was engaged throughout the show. Not only by their good looks but they managed to embody the characters they portrayed, from accent and vernacular to the timeless wardrobe and body language. It was about a women who tried to run away from her past, but inevitably it caught up to her. The show was sexy and thoughtful. Raising such themes as, domestic violence, promiscuity, sexism, alcoholism, rumors, insanity and relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment