Lavenders Thoughts

Lavenders Thoughts

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Keith Haring

I recently saw Haring's work at the Brooklyn Museum. I had always been able to identify his work but never known much about him or his art creating process. Firstly I never knew he was white. I'm not racist but always considered him to be black for some reason. He was gay and died from AIDS. I know several people who have died from AIDS. I think its great that before he went he made such a positive mark on the world. He did performance art. The concept I enjoyed most was him paining himself in a corner. He painted swiftly to the rhythm of the music he played. He explored linguistics, poetry and other mediums. Also for display were the journals he kept. He went from street art to curated exhibitions and he was proactive in creating a platform for others to showcase their work. Reoccurring images are the human figures, dogs, dolphins, birds, spaceships, penises, pyramids, radio and the nuclear reactor. He uses crooked lines to convey motion.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment